COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Preparedness Plan
The health and well-being of our athletes and coaches remains our top priority. In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 entering our Organization of Andover Traveling Boys Basketball (ATBB) and spreading amongst our community, we will only allow the following persons in the building: coaches assigned to each specific team and athletes participating in the event.
When a ATBB practice or programming event begins, parents wishing to remain on site can use any outdoor common areas or the parking lot to wait for their athlete(s). Only coaches and players will be allowed in the gyms.
All coaches & players that are part of ATBB programming must agree to and abide by the following:
- All athletes participating in ATBB events will be required to electronically sign a waiver/letter of understanding when completing registration and comply with the listed procedures and requirements.
- All individuals should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your reserved practice/event time and wait for coaches to allow you to enter.
- Athletes waiting to attend a session will need to wait in their car or outside while maintaining social distance from others until the coaching staff allows you in. Until further notice, masks must be worn by anyone waiting outside the building and upon entry & exit of the building.
- Parents must monitor and confirm that they or their player's temperature is less than 100.4 degrees F, and confirm that they are not experiencing coughing or shortness of breath. If their temperature is higher than 100.4, the player will not be allowed to participate.
- All individuals entering the facility will be required to be flu/COVID-19 symptom free for 14 days prior to entrance. If anyone is displaying any symptoms of the above listed, they will be immediately asked to leave and the portion of the facility they utilized will be immediately shut down and cleaned.
- All individuals must use hand-sanitizer AND/OR wash hands in the bathroom upon entering the building.
- All individuals entering the facility will be required to leave all extra items including purses, additional clothes, shoes, and all other personal items locked in their car. Only necessary items are allowed in the facility such as basketball bags, water bottles, shoes, jackets, basketballs, inhalers, and cell phones.
- Face covering are recommended, but not required for coaches during practices and events.
- Players will need to provide a practice jersey to wear to each practice. This will eliminate the need to wear pinnies.
- Do not touch your face, eyes or mouth with unclean hands.
- Practice social distancing (minimum of 6’) as often as possible. Maintain 6 feet between participants when they are not playing (on the bench, on the sideline, etc.).
- Refrain from unnecessarily contacting other players or coaches (high fives and huddles).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze.
- Players will be asked to bring their own water bottle(s). Drinking fountain use will be discouraged. Properly dispose of your personal drinking cups or bottles when finished with them.
- Coaches and players will be assigned to a court with no more than 25 people. These individuals will not mix with other teams and will be dismissed from the facility as a team.
- Bathroom stall use is discouraged and should only be used as necessary.
- Once in the facility, coaches and players will walk directly to their assigned court. Socializing in the hallway or commons area will not be allowed. If participants have any personal items that need to be carried in with them (bags, equipment, water bottles, car keys, medical devices, etc.), these items should be left in the assigned area of their court.
- Coaches and players will be asked to immediately exit the facility once their allotted practice time is complete so the next team can enter.
- Following practice, coaches will sanitize all shared equipment that was used
- Should anyone participating in ATBB programming, coach or athlete, be diagnosed with COVID-19, they should immediately contact ATBB and follow proper healthcare procedures as laid out by their health care professional, including quarantining. Athletes and coaches must have in writing, a signed clearance from their healthcare professional to resume activity after a COVID-19 diagnosis OR the original, dated, “order” to quarantine with the specified duration from their health care professional so ATBB can verify their compliance with that “order” upon their return.
- Detailed records of attendance will be kept and provided to health authorities upon request to allow for contact tracing should it be necessary.
- ATBB has put in place preventative measures and enhanced cleaning protocols of shared equipment to reduce the likelihood of spreading COVID-19 at ATBB programming events; however, ATBB cannot guarantee that you and/or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending ATBB events could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
Andover Traveling Boys Basketball Return to Play Liability Waiver
It is required that all adult coaches, players, guardians of youth players, and managers review and acknowledge the following Return to Play Waiver. Please review this waiver and indicate acknowledgment and agreement below.
IMPORTANT: Please remember that all adult and youth athletes are required to execute a new waiver prior to being placed on a roster as well as participate in an event as part of Andover Traveling Boys Basketball’s post COVID-19 guidelines. Youth athlete waivers must be executed via guardian online accounts and adults may execute their waivers via their online player accounts.
MEDICAL LIABILITY WAIVER
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Andover Traveling Boys Basketball basketball/athletics program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
- The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that my child or I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume all full responsibility for my and the youth participant associated with this account.
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Andover Traveling Boys Basketball, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GUARDIAN ACCOUNT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
ADULT COACH/VOLUNTEER WAIVER
By acknowledging and agreeing to these terms, I agree and verify the following: 1) I consent and agree to assume the risks of participation in these programs; and 2) that I specifically agree to the release as provided herein of all the Releases, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releases from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND GIVE CONSENT BY COMPLETING THIS COACHING APPLICATION.